Inspecting for Mold
Many think that cleaning or removing mold is the hardest part, but it’s actually finding the mold that can be the hardest step. Mold grows in dark, damp places, but it can also be much more extensive than what is visible to the naked eye. That’s why if you suspect mold in your home, contact Mold Doc 247 about mold testing in Moreno Valley, CA today. Dial (951) 472-2323 to get started.
What is Mold Testing?
Mold testing is the process of searching for or identifying the presence of mold in a space. It can be done through a variety of different methods, starting with a simple inspection. As a homeowner, you are encouraged to look for yourself, but if you are unsure, you can always contact Mold Doc 247. We have expert technicians that can inspect and examine your home for potential signs of mold. We also use a variety of testing methods from kits to sensors. Our process is to find the mold as well as find the source of the mold. Once we know that, we can begin cleaning, removing and sanitizing the affected areas.
If you already see the mold, do you still need testing? We do recommend having a test done because while there may be some mold visible, there could be much more hidden. Our tests will allow us to find all traces so we can remove everything that is present. In doing so, we can help ensure your home is in a stable and healthy condition.
Signs There is Mold in Your Home
Before you even schedule an appointment for mold testing, there are a few things to look for yourself.
- Water Damage: One indication that mold may be present is, of course, water damage. If there is or has been a leak in your home that hasn’t been addressed for a while, mold is often a by-product.
- Humidity: Because of trapped water, certain areas of your home may feel more humid. The air will feel thick and wet, offering a bountiful food source for mold to grow.
- Strange Odors: Since that humidity or leak can result in mold, you may notice it by the smell. Moldy or rotted wood has a distinct musty odor that you’ll be able to notice.
- Warping: Mold is more than likely the result of water damage. Because of this, another indication of possible mold would be warping. You’ll see this in the ceiling where spots are warped, bubbling, or buckling from the water.
- Visible Mold: And of course, you’ll know there is mold in your home because you can visibly see it. Sometimes, there is no guesswork needed.
There are other ways to determine if there is mold in your home. If you have any kind of suspicion, contact us. A Mold Doc 247 technician will come out to your home to begin mold testing. How do we do this? We use a few different methods to test for mold. We do start with an inspection to look for any obvious signs of mold. Once identified, we offer you either a viable mold testing kit or a sensor that detects high moisture levels in certain areas. With these methods, we can help find any traces of mold so we can then begin the next stages of the process.
What to Do Next
If mold is found in your home, the next step would be to start the removal. We offer mold cleanup and mold remediation services for anyone that needs them. Our team can also effectively provide black mold removal services. Black mold does need to be handled differently. If you find or suspect it in your home, contact us as soon as possible. We can begin cleanup services to remove and sanitize all areas that have been affected.
Schedule an Appointment With Our Team Today
Connect with our team today for mold testing in Moreno Valley, CA. Dial (951) 472-2323 to get started.